The following comprehensive list should be used as a guide when preparing for your dove hunting trip to Los Chanares. Most of the items are not necessary but they certainly could make your stay more enjoyable.
Keep in mind that the temperature will vary not only between the seasons, but also between morning, afternoon and evening hours. Depending on the time of year it can be 40 degrees (°F) and windy in the morning and in the high 70s with calm winds by the afternoon.
- Recoil reduction equipment.
- Shoulder pads, Kevlar lined vests, etc.
- Lockable travel gun case.
- Stainless steel or heavy duty fiberglass.
- Oil, choke tubes, tools and accessories.
- We will supply cleaning rods & patches.
- Modified chokes, improved cylinders (or improved-modified).
- Dark-colored or camouflage hunting clothes and hats.
- Gun cleaning equipment.
- Upland hunting boots (comfortable sneakers may substitute).
- Waterproof recommended.
- Both wool and cotton socks.
- Please note that there are no cacti or thorns on our property!
- Hearing protection.
- Clothing for layering: sweaters, long sleeve cotton shirts, polar fleece zip-up tops.
- Lightweight thermal underwear recommended from 1 July through 30 September.
- Comfortable clothes for relaxing in the lodge.
- Jeans, sneakers, t-shirts, caps, etc.
- Side-carry shooting pouch or shell vest.
- Leather shooting gloves are strongly recommended to avoid blisters. Please refer to the video.
- Lightweight rain suit and waterproof hat.
- Shooting glasses, sunglasses, sunscreen and lip balm.
- Stomach/diarrhea medication.
- Painkillers/headache medicine.
- First aid cream.
- Vitamins and prescription medications.
- Toothbrush, deodorant, shampoo, soap.
- Alarm clock.
- Camera and accessories.
Electricity in Argentina runs on 220 volts in Argentina (same as in Europe) and we have electricity converters for 110-volt American appliances like laptop computers, smartphones, tablets, digital cameras, Amazon Kindles, electric razors, etc.
Please note that hotels in Buenos Aires and airports might not have these converters available.