Estancia Los Chanares is the best dove hunting lodge in Argentina. Our 9,000 acres of private property house the largest dove roost in Argentina with more than 20 million doves roosting on or flying over our property at any given moment. There is nowhere else in the world that one can experience this caliber of dove hunting in a luxury 5-star, resort-style setting. This is what Argentina dove hunting in South America is all about!
- Estancia Los Chanares is proud to be Beretta Trident Program first international venue.
- The Dove Shooting Guide to Argentina by Tony Townsend- A MUST READ
- Here is another great article by Tony Towsend.
DOVES FROM ABOVE – Article Appeared in FIELDSPORTS Spring 2009 Issue
- Dove Hunting in Argentina Beretta Style
- Read the Los Chanares welcome brochure available in all rooms at the lodge.
This is a must see if you want to know why we are considered the best Argentina dove hunting lodge today!
The Beretta Trident Program was launched in 2010 and is the first and only system to rate shooting sports venues. Los Chanares and our sister operation, Sierra Brava Lodge, are the first international venues to affiliate with Beretta. Estancia Los Chanares received a Trident Rating in upland bird hunting and Sierra Brava was awarded also awarded with a Trident Rating in the same category. Continue reading. Not an endorsement for purchase, “Tridents” are awarded for excellence. While emphasizing the outstanding hunting or shooting experience, the evaluation system rates everything from the food on the table to the kennels, to the lodging to the guides and staff.
A Beretta Trident Rating assures an extraordinary experience. Every aspect of the venue has to meet and maintain the most exceptional standards to be affiliated with Beretta. A Beretta Trident Affiliate represents the best of the best as fewer than 5% of destinations worldwide would merit a single Trident.
1. Five minute drive to the hunting fields
- Roost with millions of birds located inside our property, within a 5 minute drive from the lodge.
- Most shooting grounds surround the property between the lodge and roost – many within 5 minute drive from the main house.
- No long drives and no achy bodies – except sore shoulders for high volume shooters.
- Easy access means you have time to relax and enjoy 5-star lunches at the lodge, an afternoon siesta, a refreshing swim in the pool or a revitalizing sports massage.
2. Semi-controlled shooting environment ensures hunt dependability
- Carefully-developed game management program provides food for doves inside the property – hundreds of acres of planted sunflower, wheat and sorghum all for the birds, with a top-of-the-line new irrigation system.
- Birds are fed more than 400 tons of corn per year.
- A flowing stream inside the property provides permanent water holes.
- 100% guaranteed action packed hunting at all times, rain or shine.
3. Non-Stop hunting action
- More than 400 unique shooting stands.
- From 20 yard incoming shots for beginners to high 45-50 yard driven and crossing type shots for experts
- Abundance of low flying doves that pass within 15-25 yards of the shooters.
- Option to visit range positioned between two mountains.
- Even the most experienced shooter will find high-flying doves challenging
- Overwhelming quantity and quality of wild birds flying non-stop all day long.
4. 5-Star food and lodging
- Appetizing 3-course meals with the best Argentine wines.
- Feast on Argentine style barbecue (asado) and dove, our featured specialty – especially the famous homemade dove pate.
- Excellent accommodations, service and staff.
- Well-equipped estancia was built 15 years ago.
- 9 comfortable rooms with 2 double beds and a private bathroom in each.
- Open salon area and sociable atmosphere.
- Enjoy a Cuban cigar or a good bourbon, single malt or blended whiskey with friends
5. The Los Chañares Team
- David Perez brings the sales and general management skills that are crucial to our success.
- Alex Mitri and Jessica Ciappa provide a solid and unmatched operational organizational skills and many years of experience which are key in running the entire operation.
- Gabriela Mirtuono and Nahuel Gramajo’s organizational flair and efficiency ensure everything runs smoothly during your stay at the lodge.
For more information, please review our marketing materials that clearly show why we are the best dove hunting destination in Argentina. Here are some of the videos found on our videos page:
I have hunted in 4 different continents but dove hunting in Argentina at Los Chanares is the best organized, most pleasant camp that I have ever been to ! I look forward to coming back.”
I wanted to drop you a note of appreciation for the absolutely wonderful trip we had to Los Chanares. I can’t say enough about the accommodations. The food was first class (great chef), the room was very comfortable, the main part of the lodge was charming and, of course the shooting was over the top. I simply can’t imagine finding a place with more to offer !! Two things really stood out for me as far as the shooting was concerned: first, there were no long drives which most other places require and the roost shooting is something that can’t be described. Again, many thanks for the trip of a lifetime !! You run one helluva nice operation.
The lodge was the best I have been to and Alex, Jessica and the rest of the staff were outstanding. Of special note was the cuisine.
- The dove hunting was spectacular.
- The fact that the shooting was never more than 10 minutes away from the lodge was a
- The fact that we never shot the same place more than once was refreshing.
- The fact that we were able to shoot in hilly terrain instead of all field shooting was the second best feature for us as a group.
Alex and David have the right setup and so far they are getting it right. I wish them well and hopefully God willing we will not only be the first Jamaican group, but we will be back with friends.
Thank you most sincerely for a most enjoyable vacation.
Estancia, the staff, the food and the general atmosphere were marvelous.
As far as the shooting was concerned I have been shooting now for over forty years and have never experienced any better, having said that, I have been to many and varied places to shoot birds.
- $790 per person per day in the High Season (January – April 15)
- $690 per person per day in the Summer Escape Season (June 15 – Sept 30)
- $590 per person per day in the Promotional Season (September – December )
- $2,100 for a Father + 1 son or 1 daughter (only during Nov. and Dec.). Son or Daughter must be 24 or less.
Los Chanares is the most exclusive dove hunting lodge in Cordoba, Argentina. We typically book 6 months in advance and availability during the High Season is limited given the large amount of annual repeat clients.
We are South America’s preferred dove hunting location. We offer a one of a kind dove shooting experience in a highly luxurious location and lodge. Watch our famous dove hunting videos and photos and see why we are the best dove hunting lodge in Cordoba Argentina.
For those shooters working with a budget Los Chanares offers several incentives to enjoy the best dove hunting in Argentina. Specials including 27% off during the Promotional Season, 60% off for Father/Son in November and December, up to 30% off for large groups and the hassle-free discount. For further information, please visit our detailed rates page.
- Read our FAQ’s page to learn why Los Chanares is the best Argentina dove hunting location in South America.
- Dove hunting in Argentina just got easier — See our dove hunting tips page to get the most out of your trip.
When it comes to take the dove hunting trip of your dreams, you will be faced with the tough decision of where your adventure will be. With increasingly numerous options, this decision can often be a daunting one. However, as any veteran will tell you, it’s hard to beat dove hunting in Argentina. Read More
When it comes time to take the dove hunting trip of your dreams, you will be faced with the tough decision of where your adventure will be. With increasingly numerous options, this decision can often be a daunting one. However, as any veteran will tell you, it’s hard to beat dove hunting in Argentina.
The climate in Argentina makes it ideal for dove hunting. The country is generally warm and dry year round, which makes it a popular and accessible destination during any month of the year. Cordoba, in particular, is known for its consistently warm weather, even in the winter months. As experienced dove hunters know, this particular weather is ideally suited as a habitat for millions of doves, making Argentina the mecca of the dove hunting industry. Hide Text
Another factor that has contributed to the popularity of dove hunting in Argentina is the country’s terrain, particularly in the Cordoba area. The region produces a number of crops that are attractive to doves, including grain crops like sunflower, corn, sorghum, and wheat. Peanuts are also a popular crop in Argentina. Another factor that contributes to the massive population of doves in the area is the local roosting cover. The combination of these two factors has created a population of birds in Argentina that are a dove hunting dream. Hide Text
Thanks to the combination of climate and terrain, Argentina is the ideal location for serious dove hunting. It is estimated that there is a dove population of over 50 million birds in Cordoba, Argentina – which makes the province a dove hunting paradise. Because of the sheer volume of birds that are present in the country, there are virtually no restrictions on dove hunting in Argentina. There is no off season, no bag limits, and it is not uncommon for a dove hunter in Argentina to go through over 1,000 rounds during a single day.Hide Text
There are many reasons to explore the world of Argentina dove hunting. Not only does Argentina offer an abundance of doves and no game limits, the country is also home to a vibrant culture and nightlife. Before you come to Argentina for your dove hunting adventure, it’s important to familiarize yourself or freshen up on some of the basics. Read More
There are many reasons to explore the world of Argentina dove hunting. Not only does Argentina offer an abundance of doves and no game limits, the country is also home to a vibrant culture and nightlife. Before you come to Argentina for your dove hunting adventure, it’s important to familiarize yourself or freshen up on some of the basics.
Guns and Ammunition
When it comes to selecting your gun, there are many options available, based largely on how much money you want to spend. Many hunters who participate in Argentina dove hunt adventures prefer autoloaders, which allow its operator to get off four quick shots before the bird gets out of range. Hunters also prefer the autoloaders because doves are fast and sometimes difficult to hit. So even though pumps and double barrels are acceptable, they may not be as ideally suited for Argentina dove hunting as an autoloader. When it comes to ammunition, it is largely determined by what you want. If you are looking for more pellets per charge, you’ll probably want to go smaller. However, if you are looking for really long shots, the heavier ammo is better.Hide Text
For maximum success on your Argentina dove hunting trip, it’s important to conceal yourself during the hunt. Doves often have a keen eye from the sky, so wearing some type of camouflage can greatly increase your catch. Try and blend in with the landscape. You should also take measures to conceal your gun movements.Hide Text
When you embark on your Argentina dove hunting trip, it’s important to concentrate on your site. Not only will this improve your catch, it will also help you become a more skilled hunter. Remember, you should try to allow doves to come within 25 or 35 yards before shooting. This will help improve your accuracy and increase your chances of landing your prey. Also, even though it may seem difficult, try and remain motionless until the doves have entered into your range.Hide Text
Before you decided to plan your Argentina dove hunting trip, you may have asked yourself “why Argentina?” You may have wondered what distinguishes Argentina dove hunting from your favorite local spot. If you’ve already participated in a trip to Argentina, you can certainly tell the difference now! Dove hunting in Argentina is a unique experience that is unlike anything available in the United States. Read More
Before you decided to plan your Argentina dove hunting trip, you may have asked yourself “why Argentina?” You may have wondered what distinguishes Argentina dove hunting from your favorite local spot. If you’ve already participated in a trip to Argentina, you can certainly tell the difference now! Dove hunting in Argentina is a unique experience that is unlike anything available in the United States. Hide Text
Did you know that the dove population in Cordoba, Argentina is over 50 million? This is a staggering figure that is unmatched by even the best locations in the United States. Because of the vast dove population in Argentina, the government has declared that there are no bag limits. In contrast, virtually every state (in which dove hunting occurs) regulates the number of doves you can catch in a particular day. For example, the state of Virginia stipulates that hunters may only have a bag limit of 12 birds daily and 24 in possession. As a result, even the most skilled hunters are forced to stop at some point, regardless of whether they are ready to or not. Hide Text
One of the greatest things about Argentina dove hunting adventures is that they can be taken all year long. There is no set season for dove hunting in Argentina, which means that you can go any time of year and enjoy success. In the United States, there is a very limited season (or seasons) for dove hunting that varies from state to state. Not only are there set seasons in the U.S., there are also specific times that hunters can shoot doves. For example, Virginia’s seasons are from September 3-September 24, from October 8-November 5, and December 27-January 14. However, the hours vary depending on the season. During the September season, legal dove hunting hours are from noon until sunset. In the October/November season, hours span from a half hour before sunrise until sunset. On the other hand, Argentina imposes no such seasonal restraints on dove hunters who come to the country. As a result, dove hunting in Argentina can be enjoyed throughout the year. Hide Text