Dove “Empanada” Recipe
- 1 kg dove meat
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Red pepper
- 1 Onion
- A touch of ginger
- Black & red pepper at your own taste
- A slight touch of Paprika
- Salt at your own taste
- Pre-made pastry round discs
- Cut vegetables and meat into cubes
- Sauté vegetables with oil, and after that sauté meat until tender
- Season the mix
- Fill the pre-maded pastry rounds and bake them for 15 minutes
- 16-20 dove breasts skinned & filleted off the breast bone
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups of milk
- 2 Cups of flour
- Black pepper
- Fajita seasoning
- Steak seasoning
- Beat the milk and eggs together.
- Season the breasts
- Soak the breasts in the milk mixture for at least 1/2 hour.
- Heat the oil in an iron skillet over medium high heat.
- Shake the breasts in the flour. Redip them in the milk and then shake again in the flour.
- Cook the breasts in the preheated oil until golden brown, turning half way through.
Chanares Outback-Flambé Dove breasts
- Dove breasts (off the bone.)
- Breading powder (don’t bread the breasts, just add some at discretion)
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Jack Daniels (optional)
- Put the raw dove breast in a bowl with all the ingredients at your discretion; the breasts should be covered in these ingredients but not battered.
- Put a pan on the charcoal and add a thin layer of olive oil; let it get heated up!
- When the oil is hot; add the breasts.
- Sautee them until they get brown and are sealed.
- Add a little soy sauce so you make a very thin layer of liquid in the pan, not covering the breasts.
- Let it cook until the soy sauce has soaked in the breasts.
- The doves are ready but if you want to flambé them add a little bit of Jack Daniels whiskey and flambé on!!!
Dove Pasta Sauce
- Boned and skinned breasts from 16-20 doves
- Salt and pepper
- 2 T olive oil
- ¼ pound bacon diced
- 1 med white or yellow onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 T sugar
- 1 ¼ |C chicken stock
- ⅓ C tomato paste
- 1 ½ C tomato sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 T each minced mushrooms/ shitake is preferred
- 1 T butter
- SEASON DOVES WITH SALT AND PEPPER.
- HEAT OIL IN A LARGE STOCK POT OVER MEDIUM HIGH HEAT AND LIGHTLY BROWN BACON.
- ADD DOVES AND BROWN ON BOTH SIDES. ADD ONION AND GARLIC AND COOK UNTIL TRANSPARENT.
- ADD ALL NEXT FIVE INGREDIENTS AND SIMMER FOR ONE HOUR, STIRRING OCCASIONALLY.
- ADD FRESH HERBS AND MUSHROOM AND STIRRING FOR ANOTHER 30-40 MIN.
- DOVE BREAST SHOULD NOW BE TENDER.
- REMOVER HALF OF THE BREAST AND SHRED THEM WITH TWO DINNER FORKS.
- RETURN THE SHREDDED MEAT TO THE MIXTURE AND REHEAT.
- ADD THE BUTTER UNTIL MELTED AND MIXED IN TO GIVE SAUCEA SATINY GLAZE. TYASTE AND ADJUST SEASON FOR SALT AND PEPPER.
- SERVE OVER PASTA ORPOLENTA OPTIONAL GARNISHES ARE FRESHLY GRATED PARMESAN CHEESE AND CHOPPED PARSLEY.
- 4 Carrots
- 1 Green sweet pepper in two pieces
- 1 Onion big in 4 pieces
- 3 Pieces celery
- 5 Grains black pepper
- Cover with water.
- Boil from 50 minutes or more until tender.
- Separate from bone and cheek